Plastic Free July- join PLEG in being part of the solution all year round!
Tips on reducing your plastic consumption
Learn how to reduce your everyday waste is to eliminate single-use plastic like plastic bags, straws and water bottles - the most common waste collected in the environment.
Everyone can make a difference and reduce plastic waste at home by properly planning meals, cooking with ingredients on hand (‘shopping’ in the fridge, freezer and pantry), and storing and freezing food to make it last longer. This not only saves money and ensures that the most is made of groceries purchased, but also means fewer trips to the store.
Look for ways to make your family events and gifts more sustainable and environmentally friendly and reducing plastic use!
- Say 'no' to plastic shopping bag, and plastic straws
- Buy long-life reusable drink bottle or ‘keep’ cup and keep in your bag, at work and home
- Buy in bulk to use less packaging (instead of single-serve packs)
- Buy fewer products (look for the same cleaners to use on mirrors, tiles and showers)
- Cut back on chemicals for cleaning and use an organic alternative that are plant-based and biodegradable (free of chlorine bleach, aerosol propellants and antibacterial agents)
- Choose re-used or recycled products and support the recycling industry.